1.28.2006

Rex


I remember being in Mr. Wilson's sixth grade class with Kevin Donaghue. That smell of strong Old Spice or whatever it was still scares me. One time, I was running down the hall (the one that led to the cafeteria and gym class) and I thought I'd show off my "ups" to Mr. Wilson who had an appreciation for basketball. As I began my flight to the imaginary basketball hoop that hung off of the doorway where I would slam it home by slapping the metal frame, the long arm or rather finger of the law caught me in mid air. It probably looked like a flagrant Charles Barkley hammering Spud Webb in mid air. My quarters went flying as Mr. Wilson reminded me to look for the assist before driving to the basket. I blame this incident for my low scoring abilities on the court. I did show an aptitude for assists though.

Kevin Donaghue usually won whenever Mr. Wilson let us shoot Nerf hoops after Science class. Of course he was almost as big as the Mammoth twin towers that were Matt Sickles and Jamie Vokes. I think Kevin's long hair in the back made ladies swoon around that age. Kevin is anxious for me to post proof of his updated hairstyle and his two new additions. No, not his chins, his two beautiful children. Here's what he sent me...




"Hi to everyone. As stated by everyone it is fun to hear about what we have all been up too, unfortunately we can't always stay in touch. If Josh posted my picture you will see that I am married with Two kids, I know it is unfreakin believable huh! I still try my best to be as immature as possible but it is getting harder and harder. I married Lisa LaRocca which you guys probably seen coming. You know I will never forget getting dumped by Leslie Hartford in the 8th grade though!!
We live in Caledonia; we bought the house I grew up in. It is really weird but also fun. My mom had sold it to some guy who lived there for 5 years but did not do much to it. The basement is still open for parties for anyone who wants to reunite. It is fun to be back home! I have to admit I am now a true towny, I even bowl weekly at Cal - Bowl! Lisa has a hard time dealing with the fact she DATED a captain on the football team and got stuck MARRIED to the captain of a bowling team,
I work as a project manager for Christa Construction, I have worked primarily in schools. Everyone has mentioned that it’s weird being a teacher, I can relate because I work primarily with the administrators, which seems just as crazy, don't remember them being my friends!
Gotta go for now, KD"